Spring is enjoyable for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or cooling.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Austin and keeping costs lower.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and lower costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility bills down.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated air conditioning systems is a huge benefit for keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on HVAC expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the lower your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can turn to a couple other things to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and correct the temp when you’re gone to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy costs economical. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 512-596-1257 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the correct product for your house. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.