Booking annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner unit in Austin running at its best performance while keeping energy consumption small. It also could even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are several tasks you can do by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Strand Brothers Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can take on your own as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that entails a big portion of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC service on that list.
Spring is the best time to get your AC unit freshened and checked out. Waiting to turn it on until the first warm day of the summer can be a gamble. If you need a fix or installation, you may be waiting awhile for a tech. And that could turn extremely unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a freshened cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioner upkeep might be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance on My Own?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your AC equipment in the ultimate state:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and might lower your equipment’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn upkeep by the outside condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have dropped into your unit, because this may limit airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Strand Brothers Service Experts at 512-596-1257, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the finer details. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide reliable cooling.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleaning the exterior coil to get rid of any buildup from soil and grass.
- Inspecting controls to double check your system is switching on, operating and shutting down correctly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that involve further action, we are ready to offer you the most economical choice. Pinpointing possible troubles early might solve more expensive problems down the road. This also gives you time to strategize if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you need an updated cooling system, our Experts will work with you to choose the ideal equipment for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to schedule your checkup? Call us at 512-596-1257 or schedule an appointment online now.