No matter what the climate outside in Austin, the temperature in your house influences how comfortable you will be. Choose the right temp and your home will seem like a comfortable escape from everything. But if your climate control system isn’t working properly, you’ll know. And it won’t be fun.
Brace yourself for a thorough look at the manner you’re using your home comfort system. It might make the difference between a superstar system or a pathetic performer. Work through this quick quiz from Strand Brothers Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Hotter days are almost here in Austin. How do you get your system ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Make an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal checkup.
- Nothing at all. It should be fine.
- You’re planning an event on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t working. What’s your solution?
- Ask my visitors to bring iced beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it functioning before guests arrive.
- Start my fans and hope for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What’s your plan when it’s time for it to retire?
- Let my contractor to select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Save worries and costs by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Purchase the fanciest system currently available in Austin.
- When you receive your next monthly power bill, what do you think you’ll see?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC charges have skyrocketed.
- It will be similar to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a weird noise. What’s your next step?
- Get my toolbox and use a weekend trying to fix it.
- Get a professional technician to examine it.
- Ignore it and pray it ends.
Time to tally your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are on the money. You’re taking care of your machine and you have a plan for down the road. But if you answered any of these questions with As or Cs, you should make a couple of changes to help your system perform better. Read on to see how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Schedule Annual Maintenance While replacing your air filter and cleaning your vents are crucial tasks to prepare your HVAC for a season change, a professional maintenance visit is necessary to wrap up the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your Expert technician will handle a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency Expert will look out for more significant problems for your home. That could save you a high-priced breakdown later in the season.
Select a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained heating and cooling systems can have problems occasionally. And it always seems to crop up at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that critical service to homeowners at no added cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system transition. Well-maintained home comfort systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build a plan now to escape last-minute pressure when your machine takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It brings you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front charges. And as an added bonus, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and take note when they dramatically change. Your energy bills can show you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re observing a stable hike in your expenses but no change in home comfort, something is likely going on with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you detect a strange noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than irritating. It indicates something is wrong with your equipment. Even if it’s a relatively small problem, left unchecked it could make for a costly repair down the road. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you big when you don’t maintain it. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, money and disappointment. And if your equipment just isn’t cutting it anymore, think about installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!