No matter what the climate outside, the temperature inside your home determines how comfortable you will feel. Choose the right temp and your home will feel like a nice escape from everything. But if your HVAC system isn’t working correctly, you’ll notice. And it won’t be fun.
Brace yourself to take a thorough look at the manner you’re using your HVAC equipment. It could be the difference between a solid system or a pathetic performer. Start this quick quiz from Service Experts to find out more.
- Hotter days are almost here. How do you get your AC ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Bring in the Experts for seasonal maintenance.
- Nothing at all. It should be fine.
- You’re planning an event on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t working. What’s your solution?
- Advise my visitors to bring iced beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it functioning before guests arrive.
- Start my fans and hope for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What’s your plan when it’s time for it to retire?
- Let my contractor select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Save worries and costs by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the fanciest system on the market.
- When you get your next monthly electricity bill, what do you suppose you’ll see?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC charges have skyrocketed.
- It will be similar to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a weird noise. What’s your next step?
- Dig out my toolbox and use a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Get a professional technician to take a look.
- Ignore it and pray it ends.
Get ready to tally your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are on the money. You’re taking care of your machine and you have a plan for down the road. But if you answered any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you should make a couple of changes to help your equipment perform better. Read below to see how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Schedule Seasonal Maintenance While replacing your air filter and cleaning your vents are crucial tasks to prepare your HVAC for a new season, a professional maintenance visit is necessary to wrap up the process. During a maintenance visit, your pro technician will handle a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re around, your HVAC Expert will look out for more significant problems for your home. That could save you a high-priced breakdown in the future.
Select a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even rigorously maintained heating and cooling systems can have trouble occasionally. And it always seems to crop up at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that critical service to homeowners at no other cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system transition. Well-maintained HVAC systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build a strategy now to escape last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It brings you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and don’t ignore it when they dramatically change. Your energy bills can show you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re observing a steady hike in your expenses but no change in home comfort, something is likely going on with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Take action when you detect a strange noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than irritating. It indicates something is off with your HVAC. Even if it’s a seemingly small issue, left unchecked it could make for an high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the pros to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t maintain it. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, money and irritation. And if your system just isn’t cutting it anymore, consider installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!