Building a new home? Upgrading your present system? Whatever the reason why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you could soon realize you have more possibilities than you originally thought. Go through this guide to help you compare four different solutions so you can choose the right air conditioner in Austin.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people bring to mind when they envision air conditioning for the full residence. Central air conditioning sends air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps operate just like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also provide heat in the winter.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You live in a climate with temperate weather during the winter.
- You’re seeking a lone piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t have (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, energy-efficient home comfort.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet stays at a stable 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump taps into this constant supply of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your residence uses ductwork.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the buried loops.
This is a second kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an interior blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your residence, or a recent expansion to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single rooms.
- You’re seeking to install zoning in your residence.
Don’t know which kind of air conditioner you should get? Turn to the Experts at Strand Brothers Service Experts for anything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you pick the ideal one for your family. Please contact us at 512-596-1257 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.