Building a new home? Upgrading your current system? Whatever the reason why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you might soon realize you have more possibilities than you originally thought. Use this guide to help you compare four different solutions so you can choose the right air conditioner in Austin.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people call to mind when they imagine air conditioning for the full home. Central air conditioning sends air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This might be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps run just like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also provide heat in the winter.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You live in a climate with temperate weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a lone piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, as opposed to a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t have (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet stays at an even 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump taps into this constant supply of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your residence uses ductwork.
- You desire a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your house for the subterranean loops.
This is an additional style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an interior blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your residence, or a recent expansion to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single rooms.
- You’re looking to install zoning in your house.
Don’t know which kind of air conditioner you should purchase? Turn to the Experts at Strand Brothers Service Experts for anything air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you select the ideal one for your family. Please contact us estimate now.