Summer is normally a hectic time of year for many people in Austin. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any variety of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Austin heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Austin heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Strand Brothers Service Experts a call at 512-596-1257 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Austin heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a quick break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when organizing outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Austin temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a tad sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.