Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some points to consider, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A new air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Strand Brothers Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you replace both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any large immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system goes out. You can avoid the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and decreasing your monthly utility bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you may even qualify for a special deal since you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Strand Brothers Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your full system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 512-596-1257 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.