Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Austin, you could be thinking—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some points to consider, in addition to the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A new air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Strand Brothers Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you replace both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and decreasing your monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you may even be eligible for a special deal as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Strand Brothers Service Experts. We know the price of replacing your full system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 512-596-1257 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.