When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and well-being. Many people do not like the taste of polluted tap water and understand the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you may first consider continuing the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets pricey fast. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up damaging the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to make the most of the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out hazardous contaminants. Then, get in touch with Strand Brothers Service Experts to help you find and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that legal water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap water, furnishing you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of debris in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and increases in the water main following heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment will make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban settings. However, this disinfectant also adds hazardous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being healthier for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to include steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Strand Brothers Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Strand Brothers Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.