What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by partial fuel combustion often caused by insufficient oxygen. In your residence, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating correctly or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is dangerous to the body and is fatal at high levels or with extended exposure.