End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Austin Home
The typical home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water annually because of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters are simple to find. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or broken water supply lines can go undetected for years.
A water leak can be pricely. You’re paying for additional water you don’t want, and leaks can wreak havoc on your home.
That’s why it’s important to locate and fix the smallest leak.
Strand Brothers Service Experts is here to help you do just that. We have the expertise for professional leak detection and water line repair in Austin.
6 Signs You Might Have a Plumbing Leak
Locating and repairing leaks are the most routine calls we field for plumbing services. Repairing a leak right away can help you avoid expensive water damage. Some leaks can be more difficult to find than others, but there are a few telltale signs that you need to contact a plumber in Austin. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is bigger than expected.
- Your pipes frequently make thumping sounds.
- There are rusty stains in your tub, or your water is reddish.
- Floors or walls appear damp or soft.
- You find water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s damp soil or erosion close to your house’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you think you have a leak but can’t see the signs, check your water meter:
- Ensure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is typically a triangular dial or miniature silver wheel. If the dial is moving, you likely have a leak.
We can identify the point of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or potentially damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the places water is used in your home, there are many places you could uncover a leak.
Leaks can be started by split seals around water connectors, rusty pipes, obstructions and more.
They usually occur:
- On water supply lines and connections below the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, especially models that are growing old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you discover evidence of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we stand behind all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 512-596-1257 or request an appointment online.