According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The estimated cost with sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Strand Brothers can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly in place to prevent sewer backups. A lot of homeowners in Austin don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Strand Brothers, our plumbers and technicians have the experience, training and expertise to manage everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is causing your sewer to fail or become congested, be sure to contact us at 512-596-1257
the second you notice a problem to prevent as much, maybe expensive, destruction to your home and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Make sure you are throwing away waste the right way.
- Discarding grease down your drain will result in a buildup in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Strand Brothers install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Strand Brothers to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and correct them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from harming your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Strand Brothers today at 512-596-1257
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.