Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Austin
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you count on it draining properly so your Austin basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can quit working for a few different reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, call the Experts at Strand Brothers Service Experts to investigate the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and give you preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease running for several different reasons:
- Power loss
- Irregular maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frozen or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to make sure your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is vertical and not leaning to one side, since this can cause the pump to not run when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump starts and pulls out the water quickly.
- During drought-like conditions, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Strand Brothers Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to shield your home from water damage, look to the specialists at Strand Brothers Service Experts to verify yours is effective.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 512-596-1257 or book an appointment online.