Your sump pump is one of those items you may not remember until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the specialists at Strand Brothers are here to help whether you want new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Austin home.
Sump pumps can fail for a few of different reasons and we’ve likely seen it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting up, give Strand Brothers a call to come and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can give you with a few preventive maintenance hints to help certify your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or technically, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our staff will examine your sump pump for proper operation and if we see any clue of a impending mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is vital to remember there are multiple easy things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for ideal operation:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not falling to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is clear.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your home and your belongings from what can be upsetting water damage, look to the experts at Strand Brothers to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 512-596-1257
or request an appointment online.